Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I recently bought a MacBook Pro and want to use it for

Customer Question

I recently bought a MacBook Pro and want to use it for Skype. Skype has been downloaded but the screen is different from my HP Lap Top and PC. It seems to be set up OK and I can see my video image. How do I do a sound check?
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Pro and what operating system are you running?
Customer: The MacBook is about 3 months old. Systems - it was given to me by our IT people so I have no idea of what system is installed - give me a hint and I will check
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None tried - I just don't know what I need to do to bring up a screen similar to the one on the HP units
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing I can think of at present.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 17 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 17 days ago.

To start with, I need to know the version of mac osx you have on your machine, you can check as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Also, would you like me to connect to your computer from here and work on the issue directly on screen? If so we can set this up via a secure remote assistance session. That session is guaranteed meaning if I cant help you then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees.

Otherwise, I can try and assist you via written support alone. Let me know how you'd like to begin.