Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My iPad will not come on. I rebooted and the apple appeared

Customer Question

My iPad will not come on. I rebooted and the apple appeared but then the battery sign came on and continues to show it on red ( not charged) even though it has been plugged in for several hours.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: I do 't know
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No. It gave me the opportunity earlier in the week but I said "later"
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing other than turning off by holding down two buttons and then bringing back up. The "power off" does not come up. It seems dead other than the apple appearing. Just won't charge
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think it's my adapter as I was able to charge my phone with the one I'm using thanks!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.

Hi, welcome to justanswer.com! My name is Mike.

I am going over your question and I will be with you shortly.

Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.

Hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons together until you see the Apple Logo. Let me know.

Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.

The adapter you use for the phone is not the same as the one for the iPad it is not the correct voltage/amps. You have to find the correct adapter. If you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. Thanks!!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The sole appears as well as the battery sign showing red I have been charging this iPad with this adapter for years so o don't think that's the problem
Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.

OK it may be on the blink. Is it a larger one than the one that came with the phone? Please try a different cable too.

Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.

The battery sign will appear if you use the iPhone charger it just won't charge

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No thanks I will take it to the Apple Store tomorrow
Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.

If you received an offer it wasn't from me. If you have an air can try blowing out the dust in the Lightening port and use a different cable too...