Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Must functions are deselected or unable to use Fuction Icon

Customer Question

must functions are deselected or unable to use Fuction Icon such as Finder!!share folders and many others ++
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: El Capitan
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: un able to du that; pc lock and does not allow. Refused to re-start
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: my pc doctor is not showing in my application; Icons missing
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, thanks
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 21 days ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

This usually happens if the system files are corrupted or if there is any issue with the hard drive partition. If possible, backup all your important files first.

Then we can run Disk Utility and see if it works or not. Turn off your Mac by holding down Power button for 10 seconds. Then turn it back on and immediately hold down Command and R keys at same time for 20 seconds and this will boot your Mac to the Mac OS X Utilities screen. From there, click Disk Utility. Select your hard disk at left column (Macintosh HD or hard disk name). Then click Verify Disk (under First Aid). If asked to repair, click Repair Disk. Then click Repair Permission.

If you are using latest 10.11 El Capitan or later, then you will not see Repair Disk option in Disk Utility. Instead click First Aid button and run it. Repair if asked.

Then restart from Apple menu. If that didn't work, then turn it off. Turn it back on and immediately hold down Command, Option, P and R keys at the same time for 5 seconds, then release the keys and immediately hold down Shift key for 20 seconds. Does it work there ?

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Note : this is not my final answer. If my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem or until you are satisfied.

I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star rating. If you feel you've received anything less, please don't rate anything like bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
how can I ge back to this promo again
Expert:  Ashik replied 21 days ago.

Add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites list, so you can get back to me via that page. Or you can get back to me via www.justanswer.com

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
no ok
Expert:  Ashik replied 21 days ago.

Ok, let me know how it goes

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
i will try it. question, there is not charges in the future?
Expert:  Ashik replied 21 days ago.

I'm not sure about the future charges as I'm only a tech in here and don't have access to your personal details. That depends up on whether you have subscribed to trial or not. For more info, please contact or email the customer support at *****@******.***