Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I am trying to update safari and it only goes so far and

Customer Question

I am trying to update safari and it only goes so far and stays there, also same with adobe
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: Wow what are they?? I put the safari on when I bought it several years ago and never changed as I am not too computer ;iterate.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No I tried Adobe about 3 or 4 times a couple months ago as they said it was outdated and now i am shut out on some site as my browser is outdated and not secure enough
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just asked for safari update and it said in progress but that seems to be as far as it would go
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Other then you are dealing with an 83 yr old man thats it.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 16 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 16 days ago.

Would I be able to connect to your computer to view and fix the issue for you?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Sure
Expert:  Josh replied 16 days ago.

I have sent you the offer for remote assistance

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Sorry but I was under the impression that the $5 would do it. This is starting to sound like the India scalpers which took me for quite a bit.
Expert:  Josh replied 16 days ago.

I understand your skepticism but we are rated A+ with the BBB for over 10 years.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
A few years back I was having a problem and went to Apple on my computer and they put me with a group in california. for $198.00 I was getting 2 yrs service with a 30 day money back guarantee. They fixed my problem but two weeks later I had another problem so I called the service number and it was no longer in service. I contacted California and asked for my money back as per the guarantee and they then have me a USA number. The lady there was upset that I called but had an expert call me back and fix my problem. I stll asked for my money back but then no phones were answered. For over 2 years I had calls from people who could hardly speak English asking to get onto my computer so they could give me my money back. I told them to send me an E mail but they never did and I still get the odd call wanting to get into mu computer but I refuse. This started off as a free upgrade, my system said it was upgraded on the 14th of last month but it still is not good enough, But now it is not free with nothing being done and I had to put up a $5.00 refundable deposit which I probably won't see so no I ma not paying for any more unknown services.
Expert:  Josh replied 15 days ago.

The issue that you had in the past was a scam company so I understand why you are skeptical of the remote assistance. The big difference is that we are a registered based company in the US with an A+ standing with the BBB whereas the other company was a rogue scam company.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
like you they were operating under APPLE
Expert:  Josh replied 15 days ago.

That is not true -- We do not operate under Apple and neither did the scam company.