kanoko
kanoko, Mac Guru
Experience:  5+ years of Mac expertise
65089077

Is it possible, and if it is, I will call tonight, to black

Customer Question

Is it possible, and if it is, I will call tonight, to black out certain sections of an mp4 video without affecting the rest of the video. I just want to cover, in black, certain parts, and preserve the complete video.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: Yosemite
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I don't know if there have been any automatic updates. I did not download any myself.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: youtube instructions too complicated for me. I need a guide to do this one effect.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to know if it is possible. My tech guy in our school tells me that he couldn't do it.
Category: Mac
Expert:  kanoko replied 5 months ago.

I would be glad to help. Before I begin, I want to make sure what type of video editing you would like to do. Do you want to add black bars to the sides or top and bottom of the image that will stay the same throughout the whole video, or are you interested in blacking out a section of the video (like a persons face) that will change over time?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** singer just decided to perform the routine with an accompaniment CD instead of the mp4.
Dr. Roger Minkle
Expert:  kanoko replied 5 months ago.

You're welcome! If you have any related questions in the future feel free to put "FOR DAVID" in the title if you want to request me directly. Have a nice day!