Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have an iPhone 7 question. Can you help me?

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 7 months ago.

What is your question please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My question is regarding the Reminders app. I want to share it, but when I created the list I was given the option of saving it through email or iCloud. I selected email. Now I can't share it or redesignate it to iCloud. Can you help me share my list?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 7 months ago.
  • Please Launch the Apple’s Reminders app on your iOS device.
  • Tap the list you want to share with others, and then the Edit button in the top right corner.
  • Now select the Sharing option.
  • Tap Add Person and type email address or contacts name of the persons you want to share this list with.
  • Tap Add to start sharing your list with the selected emails. You will return to the previous screen.
  • ap Done in the top right corner to finish.

Sharing on iCloud :

• Log in to : https://www.icloud.com/#Reminders on your Mac /iPhone or Windows PC.
  • Click the broadcast icon next to the list you want to share.
  • Type the email addresses or names of all the people you want to share with.
  • Click Done to finish.

Additional Information : https://support.apple.com/kb/PH12516

Thank you

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When I select the edit button, all I'm offered is a color option. No sharing line appears. That's why I've contacted you.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 7 months ago.

Can you delete the list you created and start again please.

Let me know the results

Thank you

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Delete the list? It took quite some time to create and I don't want to forget what I included. Is there a way to copy it before I just start over?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 7 months ago.

Can you create a list with one email and see if you can get the sharing options

thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did. Never mind. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 7 months ago.

so has everything worked out?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No. I'm not satisfied with the help. I don't wish to continue.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 7 months ago.

I fear I am not making progress with this case,so I must Opt Out, with sincere regrets. If and when another Expert takes up the case, you ought to receive a notification email.

Thank you

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 7 months ago.

Do you still need help please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I figured it out myself. Shared reminders lists can only be created if you select an iCloud list when you first create the list. I had to copy, cut and paste all my list items onto a new list.As it is you could not help me, I don't feel I should be charged. I told you I was not satisfied and did not wish to continue. This evening, however, I got a call from American Express asking me if the charge for the additional $29 was fraudulent. I told them it wasn't because I don't want to cancel my account but I don't think it's appropriate since you claim satisfaction is guaranteed.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 7 months ago.

I'm glad to know that the problem has been resolved, if we cant help you solve the issue you will be entitled to a full refund.

Thank you