Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

When I take a photo in portrait then play it back I get a

Customer Question

When I take a photo in portrait then play it back I get a strip down the center of the screen. When I rotate my iPhone7 and play it back the video is on the side. How do I take a video in landscape and have it play back in full screen right side up?
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: I'm using an iPhone 7. Do I have to take the video onto my Mac? I want to put it on youTube eventually.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I'm current I think on my iPhone7 I have IOS 10.1.1
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried searching for an answer on the internet. That is how I found you. Are there setting on my iPhone that I need to adjust?
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope. I just need help.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 20 days ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and this will bring Control Center. Make sure the rotation lock is not enabled there (if it is enabled, you will see a lock inside a curved arrow)

Then open Camera. Then hold the phone in horizontal position. You will see the icons rotate matching the position you hold it. Then press the record button and this will record the video in landscape/horizontally or 16:9 mode. DO NOT start recording the video before holding the phone in horizontal position.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : this is not my final answer. If my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem or until you are satisfied.

I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star rating. If you feel you've received anything less, please don't rate anything like bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I downloaded an app from the Apple Store that has solved my problem. No further discussion is necessary.
Expert:  Ashik replied 20 days ago.

Oh ok. You can contact *****@******.*** to cancel this question and refund.

Please don't rate the answer anything and ignore the rating requests.

Best Regards,