Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

My ipad wont connect to wifi, centurylink, yes a new router

Customer Question

my ipad wont connect to wifi
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: centurylink
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes a new router but we did that because ipad would not get wifi any more thought that was problem
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: turning it off and reconecting with th new password ***** keeps trying but wont connect
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. On your iPad, please press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

, then please go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset network settings, and confirm reset, then wait a bit until it has restarted

, then go to Settings -> Wi-Fi, then connect to your wi-fi/wireless network name and check.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok

Please take your time and try my steps on your iPad, then let me know the result; I will help further as needed. Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Are you able to open the Settings app icon on your iPad, then select the General option on the left

, then select the Reset option on the right (scroll down on the right first.)

, then select option Reset network settings, and confirm Reset, and check?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,