Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I us an apple wireless keyboard with my mini iPad 2. Always

Customer Question

I us an apple wireless keyboard with my mini iPad 2. Always worked new fresh batteries now green light comes on goes off. But no pairing. Not discoverable. iPad searches
JA: What's the make and model of your computer? And have you had problems with this keyboard in the past?
Customer: No computer. Mini iPad 2 never a problem
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No. Refuse
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Turn on and off blue tooth. Changed batteries Deleted the device from iPad.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just stopped working. New item. 5 or 6 months old
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Green light comes n goes off. No blinking. If I hit caps lock it stays lit for a while but upper right on off green light goes off in 3 seconds
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I know that you mentioned it has new batteries but can you try another set of batteries? The reason being is because sometimes and even though it is rare, batteries can come dead even though they haven't been opened yet.

Please let me know after trying a new set of batteries

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok brb
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Green light started blinking before battery change. Then iPad asked me to type in code I did. Then device disappeared from iPad
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Did you perform the battery change? You mentioned before the battery change.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
now it's gone again but this was first blinking in half hour
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I just did but it started blinking b4 change
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Odd it would blink and go into discover mode then drop off again
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are u still here
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

It is very likely that the keyboard is having a hardware failure. The good news is that it is under 1 year old and would be covered under a warranty for repair/replacement. The fact that it does power on but quickly powers off is a sign of a power failure somewhere within the keyboard.

Yes, I am still here. It does take 1-2 minutes for a reply since I have to type it out.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Yeah but I bought it new on eBay not Apple
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I coukda figured out its not working.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That was a given
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

It does not matter where you purchase it-- The warranty is a 1 year from purchase regardless of the purchase location.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I see lots of Apple inquiries on google about this none day it's a power failure in the board
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I tell u the green light goes off quickly and u tell me "it's broken"
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry if you disagree with my answer but since it powers off as soon as it turns on is a sign of a power failure. The keyboard is under warranty and can be replaced for you under warranty at an Apple store. I understand that you have viewed different answers on Google but each situation is different.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've used just answer for many things veterinary, hvac
If i told you light goes on then off and ur response is its broken bring it back that is something I would not consider expert advice Josh. No not thrilled with diagnostics provided and quick answer
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I understand, Scott.

Since we have tried different batteries and a wireless/blue tooth keyboard is very basic, there are not very many troubleshooting methods available. I understand that it seemed like a quick response then a response to return it but if I suggested more troubleshooting steps, I would be wasting your time when it ultimately should be returned. I hope that you understand that I never want my customers to feel like I neglected them or didn't provide them with a helpful response because my feedback from each question affects my score.