Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I'm getting phone call about suspicious activity around my

Customer Question

I'm getting phone call about suspicious activity around my iCloud id. I have not used that id. Should I call the number offered or might this be a scam?
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: Yosemite
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Barun replied 18 days ago.

Hi, and thank you for your question.

I assume you are getting an automated phone call claiming that suspicious/unusual activity has been detected for your iCloud account and prompting you to call back an 1-800 number. If so, please IGNORE and absolutely do not call back that number - it's 100% scam and not affiliated with Apple in any way. They trick users into providing their personal and financial info while pretending to be from Apple, and so if you simply ignore such calls as they come, they will stop calling shortly after.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly take a moment to submit one of the five stars at the top of this page to rate my service. Thank you.