Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

How can I upgrade my 2007 Desk Top Computer which is a Mac

Customer Question

How can I upgrade my 2007 Desk Top Computer which is a Mac OSX Version 10.5.8 Serial #W874460JX85 ?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Processor 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory 1GB667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM Mac OSX Software, Safari 3.2
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing becaus i do not know where to start
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 25 days ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

I'm working on your question. I will reply back ASAP

Expert:  Ashik replied 25 days ago.

The latest version of Mac OS is version 10.12 Sierra. But your Mac will not support 10.12 Sierra. However, it can handle the previous 10.11 El Capitan.

Since you are using 10.5.8, you will not be able to download it from internet. So you have to buy the 10.11 El Capitan USB drive from online (eBay.com) and use it to upgrade the OS X. You can buy it from here -->

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mac-OSX-10-11-El-Capitan-Boot-USB-3-0-Install-Upgrade-Recover-Lifetime-Warranty-/252596014973?hash=item3acfe54f7d:g:OScAAOSwHsRYCSoa

When you get the USB drive, just put it on your Mac, then restart your Mac and immediately hold down Option key on keyboard for 5-10 seconds and this will bring Start up manager. Select Mac OS X USB drive and press return and this will bring installer. Follow the onscreen instructions to upgrade.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : this is not my final answer. If my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem or until you are satisfied.

I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star rating. If you feel you've received anything less, please don't rate anything. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied.