Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My screen suddenly became filled with postage stamp sized

Customer Question

my screen suddenly became filled with postage stamp sized photos from my photo collection. I have tried everything I could find to get rid of them with no success!
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: mac os sierra version 10 21.1
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: my mac is set to install updates automatically . I checked & it has installed a few.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: tried replacing the desktop wallpaper & screen saver
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 21 days ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Sounds like the screen saver is set to work from Photo Library. Go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Desktop & Screen Saver.

Click on the Desktop tab at top. Then in left, click Apple section, select Desktop Pictures and select a wallpaper you want.

Then click on Screen Saver tab and top right and select any one there. Then make sure the Source in right is not set to Photos Library. If it is, then change it to something else.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Note : this is not my final answer. If my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem or until you are satisfied.

I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star rating. If you feel you've received anything less, please don't rate anything. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied.