Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

It is a MAC desktop - 6 years old. I took it to the shop to

Customer Question

It is a MAC desktop - 6 years old. I took it to the shop to have more RAM installed (from 2 to 8). They backed up all my files onto a separate drive (my time machine), but my calendar events and contacts are all missing. Help
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: Not much besides word processing, spreadsheets, and other work related graphics. Nothing in depth.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Like I said, the Ram was replaced and everything was wiped clean. I have been reloading applications that I need.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I forgot exactly what I did, but as come point I was able to find the hidden contact data, but could not move it to "Contacts".
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 4 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Please, send your reply below in the box. After you type your message, click the Send button.

Thank you,
Jason

Expert:  Mike replied 4 months ago.

...