Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

We just purchased a new iPhone SE for my husband this

Customer Question

Hi there Mike. We just purchased a new iPhone SE for my husband this morning we received a notification that his apple ID and phone number were being used on a new iPhone for facetime and IM. Can you explain.....were these apps being used at the very moment we received that messsage
JA: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?
Customer: Well, I was trying to unsync the safari app on the iPhone from the ipad for his privacy. And the iPhone actually had an update already. We purchased it on Saturday. So then we had to log in again, before he left the house on the iphone
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes, this morning. we did do an update on the iPhone ios system
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We haven't tried any. We weren't having any problems with the phone. My question unfortunately is, was my husband actually using the IM and Facetime features after he left the house as the notification indicated???? Untrusting wife for many reasons
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: We don't have a mac
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** and I look forward to assisting you today.

When you turn on a new iPhone and log in with your Apple ID, all apps on the iPhone will have access to the Apple ID account. In effect, when you log into your Apple ID on the iPhone, which is required upon initial activation, the iPhone itself will log the phone into Facetime and IM. The notification that you received simply means that he logged into his Apple ID account after purchasing the phone. It doesn't indicate that he has used the applications. It simply indicates that he has signed into a new device with the Apple ID account. When you purchase a new iPhone and log into your Apple ID account, that notification will always be sent.

One quick note: This is my job; however, I only get credit for my time, if you rate my help with 3 Stars or more. I would prefer a 5 star rating, if you are satisfied. If you are not happy with my answer below, please let me know so we can continue.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at ohe following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page:

http://JasonFixedit.com