Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have an apple phone and I am not very good with it because

Customer Question

I have an apple phone and I am not very good with it because of my age(Iguess). However, while I was away Apple sent me a message and I figured that I should click on yes. BUT I did not know my pass code, so I guessed...not luck. My family was frustrated with me and I now cannot getinto my phone. Please help.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: I don'tunderstand the question but I know my ID: ***@******.***. Is that a help?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No but the message I received wasn't going to take "later" so I tried a few guesses.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: My phone is locked and we could not get it to open. My son is a tech person but....no luck
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm not sure what I can answer...I just hope I can get my phone open!
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 21 days ago.

Did you back up your iphone using ITunes?