Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

How do I "eliminate" iPhoto from my iMac as I now have

Customer Question

How do I "eliminate" iPhoto from my iMac as I now have Photos? I am assuming that I am storing double the photos on both apps which makes my iMac run slow
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You don't need to eliminate iPhoto. Your Mac will not use it and it is harmless. If you really want to delete it, then in Finder, click on Go menu and select Applications. This will bring Applications folder. Then just Trash it.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : this is not my final answer. If my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem or until you are satisfied.

I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star rating. If you feel you've received anything less, please don't rate anything. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied.