Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Man i'm frustrated! i accidentally deleted all my photos and

Customer Question

man i'm frustrated! i accidentally deleted all my photos and wish i could restore to yesterday
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: im not very comp literate - its got a pick of a lyon on the screen system is set to look for updates and install
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: don't know how to do that - I'm afraid i'll mess something else up
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's about it - thank u
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 25 days ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Let's start by checking your trash bin, if you have not already emptied it.

If you have already emptied the trash bin, please login to https://www.icloud.com/ with your Apple id and password ***** then click on Photos. There is a possibility that your photos may still be there. If not, please let me know as there are some utilities that may be able to help you recover the photos.

I am assuming that you don't have a Time Machine backup. If I am wrong and you do, please let me know that as well, and I will walk you through the process of restoring from your most recent backup.