Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Ive reset my password but cant seem to log on

Customer Question

Ive reset my password ***** cant seem to log on
Category: Mac
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 4 months ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** am a computer expert since 17 years and I will be assisting you today.

Can you please let me know into which application / website you can´t login?

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I reinstalled yosemite on my macbook air and it wasn't recognizing my login on start up, so I resetpassword, and no go.

Thank you for the reply and for the clarification. I have to opt out of your question since I am not an Mac expert. Some other expert should be able to help you in a few minutes. Thank you again.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't think you can connect remotely
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Few minutes or within a 24 hr?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hi there. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. Please feel free to ignore the automated ADDITIONAL SERVICES offers. I'll do my best to help you sort this out. Are you using your Apple ID as your logon for your MAC? Did you reset it on the Apple website? Or do you use a local Administrator account to logon?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Local administrator account
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Thank you. So it was the local administrator account that you attempted to reset the password *****?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Let's try it again using the steps below:

Follow the steps below to reset the password:
Power off your Mac.
Turn it back on and immediately hold down Command and R keys at same time for 10 seconds.
This will boot your Mac to "Mac OS X Utilities” menu.
Click on the “Utilities” menu in top bar , then select “Terminal".
Type: resetpassword (All one word , no spaces)
Press return. On the Reset Password ***** select “hard disk” from the menu bar at the top, then select the user account from the drop down menu. Confirm the user account, change password ***** Save. Next click on the Apple icon and select Shutdown.
Turn it back on. After restarting, if you see any messages about the Keychain, please click Create New Keychain. If you are still see a Keychain error you’ll need to reset the Keychain access database.
Follow the steps below to reset Keychain;
Open Keychain Access, which is in the Utilities folder within the Applications folder.
From the Keychain Access menu, choose Preferences.
Click General, then click Reset My Default Keychain.
Authenticate with your account login password (the password ***** reset earlier).
Quit Keychain Access.

Please let me know the results.