Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson,
Experience:  Training and Development at Scientifically Speaking
81238384

I had recently lost my ipad and had my son disable it for me

Customer Question

I had recently lost my ipad and had my son disable it for me through Find My Ipad app. I have noiw found it and need to know how to undo the "disable" is it something he has to do from the app or can I do it from the ipad?
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: It would probably be the latest.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not in the last week.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing. when I turn my ipad on it reeds "disabled"
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right Mac technician for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: Thank you
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 21 days ago.

Hello, and Thank You for choosing JustAnswer.com
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

So, in order to turn off the FIND My iPad SECURITY FEATURE, and disable to Lock Out feature.....you have to use a different computer.

.

Any computer with Internet access, but it cant be a smartphone or a tablet.

It must be a reguilar laptop, or dekstop computer.

.

This is necessary as you must visit the Webiste for Apple, and login using the Apple ID that is being used for the iPad.

THEN, you can navigate to the FindMy Ipad feature, and disable it.

Make Sense?

Expert:  Justin Johnson replied 21 days ago.

It looks like I will now be working with you. Let me go through the history and get caught up.

If you can’t turn off Find My iPhone on the device, turn off the device so it goes offline, then remove it from Find My iPhone on iCloud.com.

Note: You can also remove your iOS device by first erasing it—just follow the instructions below for removing an iOS device you don’t have. You can later restore the device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.

1. Turn off the device you want to remove.

2. Go to Find My iPhone on iCloud.com.

If you don’t see Find My iPhone on iCloud.com, your account just has access to iCloud web-only features. To gain access to Find My iPhone and other iCloud features, set up iCloud on your iOS device or Mac.

3. Click All Devices, select the offline device, then click Remove from Account.

If you don’t see Remove from Account, click All Devices again, then click the Delete button next to the device.

If the device comes online again, it reappears in Find My iPhone. If your device reappears, turn off Find My iPhone on the device (follow the instructions above for removing a device by turning off Find My iPhone), or if it’s an iOS device and you no longer have it, follow the instructions below for removing an iOS device you no longer have.

Did this help resolve the issue?

Please don't forget to rate me.