GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

Apple icloud has called & left a txt msg that it has been

Customer Question

apple icloud has called & left a txt msg that it has been compromised
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: iphone 6s
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: ???? not sure
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Zero as I'm not very good or fast as you can see....LOL
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers (hardware, software, email, etc.), phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. This is most likely a scam. Apple is never going to phone you and tell you something like this. A scammer is simply trying to get your account information by posing as Apple support. Go to https://appleid.apple.com and log in with your Apple ID. If it truly is locked, contact the Apple Account Security Team: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

There are unfortunately, many scams that target Apple users. Please click the link below for one such example, and for some tips on how to avoid giving away your Apple account information.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/iphone-users-targeted-by-new-apple-support-scam-that-steals-id-password-1554421

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If I have, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. If have lingering concerns, please let me know so I can continue working with you or refer you to another expert. Please do not issue a rating until you are satisfied. Your 100% satisfaction is my goal!