Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of computer experience, CISCO certified
30970729

Im locked out of my ipone cuz bf and I broke up we had both

Customer Question

im locked out of my ipone cuz bf and I broke up we had both info in apple tv so when I reset tv it did same to phone its been a nighmare... do tech lady had me back up iTunes on computer but its still asking for apple id and pass word??????
JA: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?
Customer: yesterday or day before
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I was using tablet that's an android so I was getting all pass words and id wrong cuz im a moron
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: this on computer and double verified my identity for apple id and pass word and phone being turned on ... its now on but asking for apple id and pass word... cant I just sign into I tunes or create a new id.... idk???
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: im irritated
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

First, you will need to reset the Apple ID successfully to recover your Apple account.

Then you can unlock the iPhone again.

If you have previously synchronized your iPhone with iTunes on a computer, you can connect it to that same computer and recover it:

1. Connect your iPhone to your computer [that you have previously used to sync the device].
  2. In iTunes, select the iPhone in the "Devices" list, then "Summary" at the top of the screen.
  3. If iTunes doesn't automatically synchronize your iPhone, do so manually [and confirm that the sync and backup were successful.]
  4. Click “Check for Update.” iTunes tells you if there is a newer version of the iPhone software available.
  5. Click Restore. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the restore process. When restoring, it is recommended that you [again] backup the iPhone when prompted.
  6. When iOS Setup Assistant asks to set up your iPhone, choose "Restore from iTunes backup."
  7. Select your device in iTunes and choose the most recent backup of your iPhone.

After this process, your iPhone should be restored with the information from its last backup, but it no longer will have the passcode enabled.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------