Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My wife and I are in Mexico. Her Ipad refuses to accept the

Customer Question

My wife and I are in Mexico. Her Ipad refuses to accept the ID to connect to WiFi in the home we are renting even though it is the correct one and my laptop accepts it.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Its an ASUS. Don't know the model I'm on Google Chrome.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: On my laptop yes. For Windows 10. But the problem is with my wife's Ipad not my laptop.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Turning it off and letting it reboot. That's all we know. To her knowledge no updates have been installed on her Ipad. She did get a Spanish translation app installed and turned her bluetooth on.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Onlt that her Ipad and Iphone will recognize the local server's UN but will not accept the PW even though it is definitely the right one.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 7 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

When you do attempt to connect the iPad to the WiFi signal, what does the iPad tell you? Does it indicate that the password ***** ***** or does it state otherwise?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason