Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My ipad only shows the time when I turn it on. I have reset

Customer Question

my ipad only shows the time when I turn it on. I have reset several times but still the same
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: sorry but I have not idea
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: not for weeks
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: holding the button and restart at the same time
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is it thanks
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 23 days ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

This happens if there is any issue with the software of iPad.

First try this. Connect it to your computer. Then press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot. If it boot into a iTunes logo and cable screen, then disconnect it and hold down those two buttons again until it shows Apple logo

If that didn't work, then you have to restore the iPad using your computer. Do you have access to a computer there ?