Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have a mini ipad and it is sporatic in working. It may or

Customer Question

I have a mini ipad and it is sporatic in working. It may or may not work, it freezes up, I can't get on
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: I am an imbecile when it comes to electronics. So I have no idea even what you're talking about. Sorry
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No. I talked with an Apple person recently and she took control of my ipad and perhaps updated what she could? She said there had been about 6 updates since mine whas purchased in 2013. Im just wondering if mine can be "fixed" or is beyond repair. I thought perhaps I should bring it in so someone could look at it and tell me
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The only way I know is turning it off for a period of time (perhaps even over night) and then trying to see if it helps. It doesn't
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Its an Apple Mini-Ipad and thats all I can tell you
Category: Mac
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 6 months ago.

Since you did a cold start (shutting down then back up) have you tried the Apple recovery? At start up hold the Command-R at bootup. Then let it go through the stages of that. Once it shuts down and reopens go to your app store and download a fresh copy of your Mountain Lion software has installed it should stop the freezes.

Keep in mind that another reason it could freeze is that you have too many apps running at the same time. You could do a factory restart (once you update your icloud with everything that is on your mini ipad.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I told you I am an imbecile when it comes to electronics. Where is Command-R and how do I get a fresh copy of Mt. Lion software. Is the app store an Apple app?