Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of computer experience, CISCO certified
30970729

I am in the middle of a photo book and all of a sudden I

Customer Question

I am in the middle of a photo book and all of a sudden I received a box that says 'closing the library'. This has been going on for 2 hours. Now I am concerned the book I have worked on for many hours will be lost. How do I get rid of that box?
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: El Capitan
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I phoned apple and got a voice recording . I gave my serial no. and they said I don't have 24/7 coverage. then I went to get support.apple.com
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so thanks
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 25 days ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 25 days ago.

If you still have the message box on the screen after this time then you will need to force-close the app and start it up again.

There is a chance that your photo book work may still be remembered after you restart the app.

If this happens frequently then you will need to run a repair on your photo library.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------