Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have an iPhone. The big one. Today while trying to take

Customer Question

I have an iPhone . The big one. Today while trying to take pix I by mistake held down the volume button. I froze my phone so I turned the phone off. When I turned it back on. now it wants me to Choose a Wi-Fi Network. It doesn't like the network I put in.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: Safari
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not on my phone but I updated something on my computer yesterday
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I am not computer savie. I usually run to my son but I am in Hawaii and cannot get his hellcat this time. In other word I put in the pass code and resort network name
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: connect me to who?
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 27 days ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Does it let you skip the Wi-Fi network page?

When you select your Wi-Fi / wireless network name, if you have, then does it ask for password?

On your iPhone, can you press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then does it still ask for Wi-Fi network?

What is the model of your Internet modem/router device?
Do you also have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,