Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

I don't know if you can help me with this. I have Word

Customer Question

I don't know if you can help me with this. I have Word installed on my Mac Book Pro and have been asked to copy-edit a document. I know how to add comments but am clueless about crossing out words, highlighting, etc. Help!
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Pro and what operating system are you running?
Customer: I bought my computer about 2 years ago. I'm not sure what operating system means. I use Microsoft Word for word processing.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes, I usually install updates as they become available.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It's not about troubleshooting. It's about knowing how to copy-edit a word document.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

What you will need to do is enable track changes on the document so that you can edit it and it records this.

In order to do this, On the Review tab, under Tracking, click the Track Changes switch to turn on track changes.

Then when you make changes, they will be highlighted so the reviewer can then see these and accept or reject them.

You can see and overview of this functionality here

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Use-tracked-changes-8d9a780c-3ebe-48b8-b87f-c61c3071c08a

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you