Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I used to have File Macker on my hard drive before my son

Customer Question

I used to have File Macker on my hard drive before my son gave a new Mac , now its gone. need it***@******.***
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi Richard! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. In order to best help, I'll need to ask a couple of questions.

1) I'll need your exact version of OSX. From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac. Your version of OS X appears directly below “OS X”. Please let me know what you see there.

2) I'll need to know the version of Filemaker that you previously had.

3) I need to know if you still have your old computer or not. The proper procedure is to deactivate Filemaker on an existing computer so you can activate it on a different one. If you do not still have your old computer and your registration info , I can have your information resent to you, but it may take up to 24 hours.