Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

A couple of days I received an urgent message on my cell

Customer Question

A couple of days I received an urgent message on my cell phone and asked for my id and password ***** I was out showing property and couldnt remember so need to know what the urgentcy is?
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: I dont know or remember My apple ID I believe was 9-25-14
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Like what?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have installed updates on my cell but not sure what they were, do you have a record of my user id and passwords?
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm not sure, I wish all these password ***** could be one sigh
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

This is 100% a scam.
This is what is known as "phone phishing" it is can be a very serious problem if you do let them access your computer.
Basically what they will do is message lot of phones and say that you have problems. Any actual problems you have will be entirely coincidental. They will then add a note of urgency to stop you thinking this through

If you do send them your information then you will see your accounts will be hacked and you will lose access, so under no circumstances, give them any information

Always remember, no legitimate tech support company would ever contact you like that.

Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help.