Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

Pearl! Thank you for answering! My Google Chrome is not

Customer Question

Hello, Pearl! Thank you for answering! My Google Chrome is not connecting/working. For the past month it has ta***** *****er and longer to make a connection. (My wifi is working fine for Safari and for other people using it on their laptops.) Now, the icon disappears and is replaced by a question mark every time I shut down my lap top and I have to go through several steps to get Google Chrome page to come up. Now, it takes forever for my gmail account to come up when I click on it and forever for all my other favorites - they either work VERY slowly or doesn't work at all. When I'm in my gmail, I can open up a message but if there is a link in it it takes forever to open or won't open at all. I have never had a problem before (and am the only one of my MAC user friends and family who prefers Google Chrome) but it's not working for me at all now and I need help, please!
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: Several weeks.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I uninstalled Google Chrome several times and reinstalled it. I think I installed an update with the Apple advisor I had helping me with the uninstall and install process three days ago.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need help getting google chrome to work again on my computer - all facets of it - my gmail and other connections, too. Thank you!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you open Google Chrome please

then click on the three dots in the top right then click on settings.

Then click on show advance settings.

Click on reset settings at the bottom

Then close Google Chrome, open it again and tell me if it then functions correctly please.