Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

My ipad is dasbled, not sure, yes it was updated up until a

Customer Question

my ipad is dasbled
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: not sure
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes it was updated up until a month ago I left it in the office hopint to remember my password. and of course ended up diabling it
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I triedl going into it-tuned press the chutoff botton and home but it goes as far as the ituned logo and cable
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following fix:

1. Open the iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. Connect the iPad to your computer with the iPad's USB cable.
  3. On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  4. After 10 or 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  5. Click Restore and confirm / continue.
    ; Note: You can click on the down arrow icon at the upper right corner in the iTunes program in order to see the download progress. And during downloading, if it shows the lock passcode window, just cancel it for now.

; Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times.

- If needed, please watch video instructions at the website below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6FSHAp6fvk
Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Please let me know if there is any error or message, or if you are stuck at any step.

- Besides the iPad, do you also have a Windows or Mac computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,