Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have an IPOD 5 64 Gig that I purchased in July that is not

Customer Question

I have an IPOD 5 64 Gig that I purchased in July that is not taking a charge and now obviously will not turn on. Any ideas?
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: not sure, how would I know this?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We cant turn it on or charge it so I'm not sure what trouble shooting to try
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Other than not bering able to turn on or charge that should be all, thank you
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First we can reset your iPod and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot.

Note : Power button is the button you use to turn off your iPod or its screen. Home button is the round button at front bottom.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.