sudipto_dutta
sudipto_dutta, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Working and Troubleshooting in MAC.
15197395

I have black and purple lines running in the right hand side

Customer Question

Hi I have black and purple lines running in the right hand side of my screen? i just turned it on this morning and I'm experiencing this issue
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: EL Capitan
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing I am not sure how to fix this. I was just reading the forums and came across this one
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mac
Expert:  sudipto_dutta replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Is this a Laptop or Desktop ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
its a macbook pro
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i just want u to please email me the answer i cant afford more fees
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi,your company has just debited my credit card a total of $42- which I did not authorise. May you please credit me with my $42 back as I did not agree to this at all...

This is not my company and I am not an employee of this site, so I do not have any authorization to check any payment status, for that you have to contact the customer care.

There is no need to pay any more fees, as the offer you say is for remote support and it is not required for your problem. The problem you are facing can be caused due to two reasons, one if the graphics card is defective and two of the screen itself is defective. As this is an online support site, I can only give you the steps, which you have to try and make sure, what is the exact fault.

If you did not restart the computer then, do that once and if the problem persists then, follow the next step.

You will need an external monitor for this test, just connect it with the computer and if you do not see the lines on the external monitor then, the screen is defective.

If you do not have an external monitor then, open the link below and run a hardware test, which will reveal if the graphics card have any problem or not ? Let me know, if you need any further help otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21879?locale=en_US