Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I've deleted a lot of my pictures on my iPhone in Image

Customer Question

Hi, I've deleted a lot of my pictures on my iPhone in Image Capture on my macbook by accident. I have now used an hour, installed a lot of third party programs, but I'm still not able to find the pictures. Is there anyway I can recover the lost photos at all?
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook and what operating system are you running?
Customer: About 1 year and OS X el capitan
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Is that relevant?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Can you please help with recovering my pictures?
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that I have tried a lot of third party programs, and only Wondershare have found some of the pictures, but they are all randomized (the photos im looking for are therefore inbetween a lot of other photos I don't care about..)
Category: Mac
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If Wondershare is finding some of them, I don't think you can expect any better.

That's, also, if the photos you don't want that Wondershare finds that are mised up with the photos you do want, are all photos that you deleted. In which case, Wondershare is finding deleted photos like a champion, and should be appreciated for that quality.

Also: trying more programs endlessly, unless you have actually used Wondershare to un-delete *all* the un-deletable photos it can find, will eventually lead to there being no more deleted photos to recover... their contents will be wiped out, if not their directory entries (names, that is) by the usage of more and more of the hard disk's storage space for more programs, and working space also for the running and trying-out of those programs.

In sum, I'd like to ask what you are looking for, that you haven't already found using Wondershare?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The thing is that I'm only assuming that wondershare has found them all. I've only seen a few of the photos while scrolling through a ton of files (like really, a ton). Wondershare also wants me a 100 usd to get the pictures back, so I was wondering if some of you experts had an alternative for me?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm just looking for my photos (which means a lot to me although it's only a 1 month period of pictures). Wondershare doesn't only find some of the pictures I'm looking for, but also every single picture that has been deleted on my mac..

I don't think there is any alternative... except to use the best available in point of what it finds as a trial version. (The ones that find nothing aren't worth paying for, or are free-but-worthless.)

However, since I'm not at my very best at handling cases involving iDevices such as your iPhone, I feel that you deserve to have a chance at a second opinion, so I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts - esp., one good at data recovery from an iPhone's storage.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
like I said, they aren't sorted in date (newer and older) so I have a very hard time finding my photos.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Oh, okay
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Just to mention; I used my mac to delete some useless photos on my iPhone with Image Capture. So I believe that the deleted data is stored on my macbook and not my iPhone
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi, sorry I would actually rather have a refund. I don't think I care about the pictures anyway.. I was just overreacting.