Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My 10 year old grandson changed the unlock code on my Ipad 3

Customer Question

My 10 year old grandson changed the unlock code on my Ipad 3 and cannot remember it correctly. So I am locked out. What are my options?
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: Do not know. How can I find out?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No. Bought it online, used and factory refurbished. So , no updates that I know of. Let my grandson play a game on it.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None. Are thee methods if it cannot be unlocked? Just looked up sales info, says IOS but not specific kind.
JA: No. I'm the Mac technician's Assistant. Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mac
Expert:  tyroneboman replied 4 months ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

The best option will be to use a secure remote screen connection to troubleshoot the issue/ It will require downloading a screen connect app to get us started. Will that be okay?

You can reply to me here by typing in the box below please.