Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

How do I reset my apple administrator password? My apple id

Customer Question

how do I reset my apple administrator password?
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: My apple id password ***** just been reset now but I need to update adobe flash player and it wants an administrator password. I'm not very computer literate apologies
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I don't think so
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 28 days ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Administrator password ***** ***** from Apple ID password. It is your login or user account password ***** setup when you setup this Mac. If you didn't setup any, then try leaving it blank and hit return or OK. Does it allow you to install ?

If not, then we can reset it. It is a easy process. To send you instructions, I need to know the version of Mac OS X you are using on it

What version of Mac OS X are you using ? Click on the Apple icon and select About this Mac and you can see the version number there