Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I had an older version of I tunes. It asked it if wanted to

Customer Question

I had an older version of I tunes. It asked it if wanted to install the new version. I tried installing the new one, but I don't think it worked. An when I went on the new one, my old library was gone!
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: It my laptop that I have had for about 2 years now
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: NONE YET
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO, except my laptop is not a mac
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 4 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

Which version of Windows are you running on the computer?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Windows vista

Thank you for the update. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

After you click the "Accept this offer" button for the remote service, the remote link will be posted here. That will be the last charge for today.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I know I was charged $5 to begin. My credit card was also charged $25 from you guys. Now I am getting charged $39 in addition?:

$5 was the deposit. It appears that your bank or credit card company is blocking the payment, for some reason. You will have to contact your bank or credit card company, let them know that the payment is okay to be processed and that they need to remove the block. Once the block is removed, you may click the "Accept this Offer" button once more to accept.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I just fixed the accoutrements number on the site
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Acount number

Thank you for the update. After you click the Accept this Offer button, the remote link will be posted here.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok, but what was the $25 charge?

The original charge is $30. You were charged the $5 in the beginning as a deposit. Once I responded, you were charged the remaining $25. This remote fee is there because it takes more of my time to do the remote.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Never mind, I understand that you guys need to be paid, but I am ok with not having my old library on the new itunes site. Just cancel this.
Also, on the apple site, it said I was only being charged $5. Nobody advised me that I was being charged $30 to speak to someone. I did not authorize the $30 charge.. Please refund and cancel.
Thanks.
******* *******

I will send up the refund request for you.