Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I believe my apple id has been compromised by an abusive ex.

Customer Question

I believe my apple id has been compromised by an abusive ex. I have a few apple id's with several emails but I am unable to remember (or he changed them) my secret questions.
JA: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?
Customer: I do not think any have been reset for fear I would lose data. The one I am having trouble getting into is my first AppleID @mac.com, on this Mac BookPro. For the past two years of having my iPhone 6+, I have used my iCloud as my apple id. today, I changed all my numbers (home and cell) and set up a new one but more like as an email. Sorry to take so long to reply I always do these things alone and didn't expect the help. It is nice!
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: YES to my iCloud
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none. didn't know i had that option when it asked for my verify identity questions
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am struggling to know what to ask. fear I may not have the right words and that my ex who is an IT expert is ahead of me.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

What is the exact message you now get when you try to sign in?