Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I am attempting to fulfill some VA learning obligations and

Customer Question

Hi ... I am attempting to fulfill some VA learning obligations and no matter how often that I type in: https://www.tms.va.gov I get the same NO RESPONSE ANSWER: CAN'T OPEN THE PAGE ... BECAUSE SAFARI CAN'T EXTABLISH A SECURE CONNECTION TO THE SERVER - WWW.TMS.VA.GOV
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: 10.9.5 I DID A SEARCH VIA GOOGLE & THIS IS A CHRONIC CONDITION.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: ONLY ADOBE READER ... IT WAS REQUIRED
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: NONE ... JUST GETTING PISSED OFF. MAC'S & APPLE PRODUCTS ARE USUALLY NOT REQUIRED TO PURSUE TECH ISSUES. ANOTHER QUESTION IS WHY DID YAHOO DUMP SAFARI FROM IT'S SYSTEM ?
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO .... TONIGHT SAFARI DID CONNECT & I WAS ABLE TO PRINT OUT A CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION ... THEN I TRIED 10 ATTEMPTS TO RECONNECT & GOT THE CAN'T ESTABLISH A SECURE CONNECTION 10 X'S
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

There is actually an issue with the security certificate on that site so this explains the message, but you should still be able to access it

Which Anti Virus software are you using? Do you have Avast installed?