Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

After startup it's showing a screen wherein or an option of

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: After startup it's showing a screen wherein my name is ***** ***** an option of guest user is there But it's not accepting anybody from here
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: MacBook Pro
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Pressing the shift key on startup Pressing the X key during startup
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: None
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

This usually happens if the system files are corrupted or if there is any issue with the hard drive partition or the hard drive itself. We can run Disk Utility and see if it works or not. Turn off your Mac by holding down Power button for 10 seconds. Then turn it back on and immediately hold down Command and R keys at same time for 20 seconds and this will boot your Mac to the Mac OS X Utilities screen. From there, click Disk Utility. Select your hard disk at left column (Macintosh HD or hard disk name). Then click Verify Disk (under First Aid). If asked to repair, click Repair Disk. Then click Repair Permission.

If you are using Mac OS X El Capitan or later, then you will not see Repair Disk option in Disk Utility. Instead click First Aid button and run it. Repair if asked.

Then restart from Apple menu. If that didn't work, then turn it off. Turn it back on and immediately hold down Command, Option, P and R keys at the same time for 5seconds, then release the keys and immediately hold down Shift key for 20 seconds. Does it allow you to login now ?

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.