Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have problems with both my iPhone 5 and my macBook Air. I

Customer Question

I have problems with both my iPhone 5 and my macBook Air. I recently changed my work situation, and I continue to get updates on email on my phone, can't turn them off, and can't link my own gmail account to my phone. On my MacBook Air, i need to remove 2 drop boxes that are taking up WAY too much space, such that I can't do simple things such as update my resume. Can you help or do I need to make an in-store appt. with a genius?? Thanks.
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Air and what operating system are you running?
Customer: It's about 2.5 years old and OSX operating system
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not yet.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried to get rid of major amounts of old files, but not sure what to try as far as troubleshooting...
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so. I can be reached on my home number:(###) ###-#### Thanks for your help! J
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

Hi!

Let's start with one issue at a time -- The iPhone issue first:

You mentioned receiving updates on your email-- What updates are you referring to?