Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

M trying to access my gmail at google and I have typed in my

Customer Question

m trying to access my gmail at google and I have typed in my password ***** I have had for years and it said it is wrong.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: Just noticed it, but I have not accessed gmail for awhile.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Just the Mac security ones that pop up.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just need to get to my Google account
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please how long ago you signed into your gmail account?

Let me know please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It may have been 6 months or so.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you

Can you click on my link below

https://www.google.com/accounts/ForgotPasswd

Follow the steps and reset your password

Tell me if you can then sign in please.

Let me know the results.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is not accepting my cell number
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

What is the exact message it gives?

And do you see other recovery options listed there?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The number you entered is incorrect Try again
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, do you see other recovery methods available there?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it asked what year and month did I create the google account . Not sure, many years ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, can you try your best to guess please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Actually, I tried another question. It said type in my email and they would send me a verification code which I typed in and then it said it could not verify right now and disconnected me from google.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, it means the email is not what was originally set

Unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password. If the password ***** changed or the account was hacked then you are not going to be able to get back in. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password. Gmail being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

I am sorry to have to tell you this but unless you can remember or get access to the correct password ***** is no way back in. Google states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year Google has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not Google, their policies, or the situation itself.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do I have to set up a new account to get back in?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

No, you wont be able to get back in.

You can use the new account moving forward but you will not be able to get back into the old account again.