GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

I'm trying to connect my new Panasonic Lumix camera to my

Customer Question

I'm trying to connect my new Panasonic Lumix camera to my old desktop Mac...OS X 10.6.8 (to be replaced very soon.) I did it a week ago but now am being asked to choose PictBridge or PC..neither seems to work . Maybe I should be asking Panasonic... ???
JA: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: OS 10.6.8
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No- it's time for a new computer.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I don't know enough to do any and need these photos to send tonight! And as you can see I am a slow typist. Can we ever do ths by phone?
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so. I just couldn't find the info in the Panasonic manual as my compute r is so old it doesn't cover it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there. My name is***** am sorry that you are having this problem. I will do my best to assist you. Please make sure that you camera is set to "usb mode" . When it has been put into USB mode, please take the following steps:

1. With the camera and computer turned off, connect the camera to the computer using the USB cable.
  2. Switch the mode dial on the camera to "Playback" and turn the camera on.
  3. Turn the computer on.
  4. Once the computer is on, you should see an icon on the desktop called "Untitled" - Double-click the "Untitled" icon.
  5. A screen with a folder called "DCIM" should appear - Double-click the "DCIM" folder.
  6. You should now see a folder called "100 Pana" or similar as it varies by camera - Single-click on this folder.
  7. Once it is highlighted, go to "File - Open" - You should now see the files (JPEG/MOV) that are stored on the card.
  8. Double-click on a file to see your stored images/movies The images/movies will open with Quicktime or your default media player.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.