Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

My iPhone freezes much too often. 5 times yesterday. I have

Customer Question

My iPhone freezes much too often. 5 times yesterday. I have only had it for 3 months.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: It is my IPhone 6
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I shut the system down completely.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This phone is used for our family primary use. It is urgent that this matter be handles asap.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

Hi!

If your phone is freezing that often and it is under 1 year old (which it is) then I would recommend bringing the phone to an Apple store for a replacement. It is not common to have your phone freeze up that often.

As a temporary fix, you can try doing a soft reset which can be performed by holding down the POWER and HOME buttons together until you see the Apple icon then release after seeing the Apple icon. After the reset, check to see if the issue continues.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your prompt response Josh. We recently went through a tragic housefire so needless to say I can't be on the computer as much as I usually did. I went to an Apple Store on Saturday and they checked out the phone. It had something to do with a software update and I am motoring once again. It froze once more yesterday but I did what you suggested and it seems to be ok now. Needless to say, my phone is very important to our family at this moment. Thank you for your time.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

I am very sorry to hear about your house fire! I hope that everything goes okay with that process and if you need anymore help with this issue, please reply back.