GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

I am having problems signing in my netflix account with my

Customer Question

I am having problems signing in my netflix account with my account not using my apple id. When I try to clear it off the netflix using apple tv it is not signing me out. I already have an account with Netflix but I used my apple id to sign into it
JA: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password? Sorry about that. I must have missed it. Could you tell me again?
Customer: yesterday I just purchased my air book last nite
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no I can't get into it to sign out, like I said I used my apple id name to sign into netflix instead of using my account sign in
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: unplugged my apple tv, signed out of iTunes, and keep trying to sign out of netflix on my apple tv
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no not at this time
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

You will need to use the remote that shipped with your Apple TV and not the Remote app on your iOS device to do this.

1. Navigate to the main Netflix menu inside the app and select Sign Out.
  2. Select Yes to sign out.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.