Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Somehow my iPhone camera setting is off and I don't know how

Customer Question

Somehow my iPhone camera setting is off and I don't know how to get back home. Namely taking adequate pictures in low light is not happening. I know the camera can do better. It was doing it before. Either there is no flash and the photo is too dark, or the flash works and it is completely overexposed -- like a picture in the middle of a snowstorm. I tried everything but clearly I am missing something. It's a 5s. Help.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  tyroneboman replied 1 month ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

This could be a glitch in the software or settings and the iPhone needs to reboot, lets try and force a reboot > Hold the home button and the power button down for about 30 seconds or until the Apple logo appears on the screen, then release both buttons. Then check the camera for normal operation.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

didn't work, but no time to deal with it now. I will wrap this up soon with you one way or another.

Okay, lets try a reset of the settings next. It will not erase any data or content.

1. Tap the Settings app.
  2. Tap General.
  3. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen and tap Reset.
  4. Tap Reset All Setting to reset all settings (network, keyboard dictionary, home screen layout, and location & privacy settings, etc) back to default.