Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I am trying to transfer all my data from a old ipad to a new

Customer Question

I am trying to transfer all my data from a old ipad to a new ipad.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

We can backup the old iPad to your computer using iTunes and then restore that backup to your new iPad .

Download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here --> http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

After downloading iTunes, make sure you install it by opening the downloaded file and following onscreen instructions. After installing iTunes, open iTunes.

Now on your old iPad, go to Settings > iCloud and turn off Find My iPad option -- This is important

Then connect the old iPad to your computer. iTunes will recognize it. Then select your iPad icon at the upper left, next to Music, Movies etc icons.

This will bring the Summary screen of iPad. Now, click Backup Now button and make sure "To This Computer" is selected there. This will backup the entire iPad to your computer.

Then disconnect the old iPad.

Then connect the new iPad to your computer and open iTunes. Select your iPad at top left.

Then this time click Restore Backup button and from the list of backups, select the backup of your old iPad from the drop down menu. Click Restore. This will restore everything from old iPad to new iPad

There is another method to restore the backup of iPad to new using from iCloud. If you already setup the new iPad , then you need to erase it and you will get an option to Restore from iCloud backup, so you can choose the backup of old iPad. On the new iPad, go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Erase All Contents and Settings. This will erase the new iPad. Setup it after erasing and choose Restore from iCloud backup. Choose old iPad's backup and make sure you sign in with the Apple ID/iCloud ID you used on your old iPad.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you.