Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My MBP has for a year done "........ quit unexpectedly". It

Customer Question

My MBP has for a year done "........ quit unexpectedly". It happens on anything. Any app, browser, system pref's, anything, every day all the time. And I get NO help from Apple support. Can you help?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

It is possible that the system files are corrupted. What version of Mac OS X are you using ? Click on the Apple icon and select About This Mac. What is the version number there ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sierra 10.12.1 (16B2555).
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

This usually happens if the system files are corrupted. We can run Disk Utility and see if it works or not. Turn off your Mac by holding down Power button for 10 seconds. Then turn it back on and immediately hold down Command and R keys at same time for 20 seconds and this will boot your Mac to the Mac OS X Utilitie sscreen. From there, click Disk Utility. Select your hard disk at left column(Macintosh HD or hard disk name). Then click Verify Disk (under First Aid). Click First Aid button and run it. Repair if asked.

Then restart from Apple menu. If that didn't work, then turn it off. Turn it back on and immediately hold down Command, Option, P and R keys at the same time for 5 seconds, then release the keys and immediately hold down Shift key for 20 seconds. Does it boot into desktop ? If so, does it work there ?

Please let me knowif that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ashik.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

Yes, did you get my suggestions ? If not, here is it again

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can we do the following?: Im busy til tomorrow. Can we get back same time tomorriw? At least u have the issue now to study. OK?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

Sure, no problem. Add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites, so you can get back to me tomorrow and we can continue then.

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK. I'll run ur advice and we'll get back tomorrrow.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

Ok, have a great day !

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

Hi there, I'm just checking. How is it going ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Oh. Sorry Ashik. My friends hijacked me�� Please let me know when you are available after weekend. Tomorrow and Sunday I'm busy.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

No problem. Just reply here when you are free and I will get back to you.

Have a great weekend.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

Hi there, It's me Ashik again. Were you able to try the suggestion ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ashik,
Today, within 1-2 hrs, I should be at my Mac and start working on this issue.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

No need to rush. Take your time. I was just following up with you. Good luck