Hi my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer. I am reviewing your question and will reply ASAP.
Which type of Mac is it? iMac, portable, Mac mini?
I would like to see what happens in Recovery Mode. To start up from macOS Recovery, hold down Command (⌘)-R immediately after turning on or restarting your Mac. Release when you see the Apple logo.
Let me know how it goes.
If you're worried about getting back to me, you can reply on another computer or device.
Restarting from Recovery Mode exits and returns to normal boot up.
Are you there?
1. Shut down the computer.
2. Plug in the power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time, if it starts up you held the power button before the other keys, try again.
4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
5. Press the power button to turn on the computer.
6. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.
7. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts again at least twice.
8. Release the keys.
Did you try that?