David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional
39216975

Idk if u remember me but u helped me with that HORRIBLE Java

Customer Question

Hey David. Idk if u remember me but u helped me with that HORRIBLE Java 6 issue on the appeals court website.
Well...bad news and it's my fault but apparently I forgot to ensure my Mac didn't do any auto upgrades. And now that I have an important brief to file again...well I'm getting that same friggin msg that I have Java 7 and need Java 6. I just about threw up when I logged on again just to get that same old msg. Then it occurred to me my Mac likely did an auto upgrade bw the first brief (back when u helped me) and this new one I have to file....
Can ya give it another go? And btw, u never got back with me about a little 'bonus' --so here's my email so u can reach me at some point about THAT unfinished biz as well.
Soooo...what ya say? Up for round 2 here with the US Court of Appeals? Lol
I also have a desktop Mac downstairs that's giving me a whole other set of problems-- but we can get to that maybe-- after we tackle THIS same problem again, if you're willing?
So sorry I screwed up ALL your help/work by forgetting to change 'auto' install settings re: upgrades. Ugh.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 1 month ago.

Hi, yes I remember, welcome back! I can't read email addresses that you type I'm afraid, the site automatically blocks them from my view for privacy reasons.

I did try to get back to you about that, but the question timed out and I could not. I brought it up with the administrators of the site, and showed them the point of the question where you said you wanted to pay a bonus. They took it and said they would reach out to you but nothing ever became of it. I'm sorry about that.

I am willing to give it another go. The steps will be the same. Do you still have Team Viewer software installed?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Here's my email that I forgot to attach:***@******.***. For future reference.
Expert:  David replied 1 month ago.

Ah, I can see your email now, thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
U bet!!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Still have team viewer
Expert:  David replied 1 month ago.

If you still have Team Viewer installed fire it up and let me know the ID and password ***** we can begin.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okey doke. So grateful! On iPhone. Heading to Mac. Brb!! THANKS!!
Expert:  David replied 1 month ago.

No problem! I remember it was tough to get just right, but knowing how to do it now should make it easier.

I'm hoping the correct software and files are still on your Mac to get it to work again. Fingers crossed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
144 779 330
nxr972
Expert:  David replied 1 month ago.

We got disconnected somehow. Let me know if you are ready to connect again, and give the ID and password ***** thanks!

David.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Oh crap. TV again...144 779 330
nxr972Wait. That's the same code as before. Hang on....
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Something's wrong. It keeps giving me the same code!! Weird. Idk what's happening...
Expert:  David replied 1 month ago.

Don't worry, it might work, let me try.

Expert:  David replied 1 month ago.

My mistake, I am still connected, sorry.

Back to it now.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
K. Cool
Expert:  David replied 1 month ago.

Hi Crystal, you should be able to file now, let me know if you have any issues.

Expert:  David replied 1 month ago.

Hi Crystal, do you need any more help on this? Let me know, thanks!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Good day to you David! The site is working just fine again so thank you so much.
I do however have a second Mac that is having a whole different set of issues that I wanted to pick your brain about. But my mom broke her arm yesterday (in 2 places) and disrupted plans to get back to you about it. And we are at the Otho specialist just now this morning. We will be home after about noon our time (3 hours or so) we are hoping lol. Will you be available then? Because I have such trust in you and would like to make sure I get you taken care of, so to speak for all your incredible skill, kindness, and patience. We are getting called back now. Let me know if u b available in a few hours?? If not it can wait as we (my sis and me) are taking care of my mom this morning (our time 9:15 am now). Gotta run. BBL... thanks!!!
Expert:  David replied 1 month ago.

Oh no, I hope she is not too sore. Hope she is being taken care of well.

I will be be available in around 4 hours, bit busy up to then. I'll reply here when I am free to help.

Best wishes to your mum.

Kind regards,

David.

Expert:  David replied 1 month ago.

Hi Crystal,

I am available now if you want to try fix the second Mac problem.

What is the problem with it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well I got back from the doc with mom just now and they r doing work on our power lines. So I have no electric and I can't even get to the Mac in the pitch black of my downstairs. Ugh!!!
They say power should b restored within the hour (which means possibly 2 hours) can I reach u then? Or would that b getting too late for ya? I can't even keep using my iPhone bc I can't charge it once I lose remaining power. Ahhhh!!! What a couple of days!!! Soooo sorry David!! Bear with me...plz
Expert:  David replied 1 month ago.

It might be a bit late by then, but don't worry we can schedule tomorrow.

Save your iPhone power by going to Settings > Battery > Low Power Mode.

Let me know some of what the issue is with the second Mac when you can.

If it's not too late for me I will reply, otherwise I will reply in the morning.

Best regards,

David.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Yup. Switched to low power mode instantly. Thanks for the advice!! I will likely give u a shout tmrw then so I'm not making ya work late.
Will give ya basics of what my other desktop Mac is doing soon as we get power or first thing n morning. Sheesh bad luck. But can ALWAYS be worse!! Talk soon. Have a good day. And as always THANK YOU SO MUCH David!!
Crys
Expert:  David replied 1 month ago.

No problem, chat to you later.

Expert:  David replied 1 month ago.

Hi Crystal,

Did you get power back? Do you want to try troubleshoot the second Mac?

Thanks,

David.

Expert:  David replied 1 month ago.

Hi Crystal, let me know if you would like to troubleshoot the issue on the second Mac. Thanks, David.